After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Explain why sustainability is important in supply chain management.
• Explain how to implement a sustainability program.
• Describe barriers that hinder sustainability implementation.
• Describe a strategy for achieving a green supply chain.
• Describe how to launch sustainability initiatives.
• Describe factors that help build sustainability.
• Explain how to measure sustainability.
This chapter provides an understanding of sustainability in supply chain management. This chapter includes a discussion of the reasons for sustainability as well as how to implement a program and its basic elements. Topics related to sustainability ...