After completing this chapter, you should be able to
• Describe the value and importance of risk management in supply chains.
• Explain sources of risk in supply chains.
• Explain the controllability of risks.
• Describe types of risk factors in managing supply chains.
• Describe types of risk management strategies.
• Describe types of risk management strategies in global operations.
• Describe a risk management process.
• Describe strategies and tactics for mitigating risk.
• Describe a disrupter stress test to estimate risk of catastrophic events.
This chapter provides a fundamental understanding of how risk management is related to supply chain management. To introduce the subject, risk ...