Traditional methods of AC/AC converters are introduced in Chapter 15. All methods have general drawbacks:
1. Output voltage is lower than input voltage.
2. The input side THD is poor.
3. Output voltage frequency is lower than input voltage frequency when using voltage regulation method and cycloconverters.
Some new methods constructing AC/AC converters can overcome aforementioned issues. We introduce following converters in this chapter:
• DC-modulated AC/AC converters
• Sub-envelope modulation (SEM) method to reduce THD for matrix AC/AC converters
Single-stage AC/AC converters are the most popular structure widely applied in various industrial applications ...