Chapter 4. Advanced Features in the JAX-RS API
In the previous chapter, we introduced you to JAX-RS APIs for building RESTful web services. This chapter is in continuation of what we discussed in the previous chapter. This chapter will take you further into the JAX-RS APIs, and some complex use cases and their solutions.
The following topics are covered in this chapter:
- Understanding subresources and subresource locators in JAX-RS
- Exception handling in JAX-RS
- Introducing validations in JAX-RS applications
- Supporting custom request-response message formats
- Asynchronous RESTful web services
- Asynchronous RESTful web service client
- Managing the HTTP cache in a RESTful web service
- Understanding filters and interceptors in JAX-RS
- Understanding the JAX-RS resource ...