A beginner’s first practical step in using REST with ASP.NET Core to create the backend for a dynamic web and mobile-oriented business application.
About This Video
- Follow best practices and explore the techniques to achieve a reactive, scalable web service
- Using the Repository Pattern and Dependency Injection in a web backend
- Leverage ASP.NET Core to quickly implement RESTful endpoints
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. In today's connected world, APIs have taken a central role on the web. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become a common style for APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of ASP.NET Core makes it a breeze for developers to work with it to build robust Web APIs. This video course takes you through designing RESTful web services and leverages the ASP.NET Core to implement these services.
Starting from the basic philosophy behind REST, you'll go through the first steps of designing and implementing an enterprise-grade RESTful web service. Taking a practical approach, each chapter provides code samples that you can apply to your own circumstances. It brings forth the power of the latest .NET Core release, working with ASP.NET Core. It then goes beyond the use of the framework to explore approaches to tackling resilience, security, and scalability concerns.
You will start with the basics of REST and end with building a .NET Application for your RESTful web service.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on GitHub at:
What you will learn
- Explore basic REST principles
- Build an ASP.NET core project using Visual Studio 2017
- Work with different environments such as development and production
- Implement a service interface to read, manipulate, and delete data
- Extend API functionality with more features
- Deploy the WebAPI
Who should take this course
This video is intended for those who want to learn to build RESTful web services with the latest .NET Core Version. To make the best use of the code samples included in the video, you should have a basic knowledge of C# and .NET Core.
About the author
Fabian Gosebrink is a Software Engineer, Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Technology Ambassador and Microsoft Certified Specialist in web application development as well as a trainer and international speaker.
GitHub - https://github.com/FabianGosebrink
Website - http://offering.solutions/
About Packt Video
Packt Video publishes friendly, practical video tutorials, packed with practical skills, concepts and guidance to help you succeed with new technologies and tasks. Packt Video’s series include Learn, Hands-On, Mastering, In 7 Days, Troubleshooting, and more. Our courses cover web and software development, security and ethical hacking, data science, and other key tech topics. We exist to make cutting-edge topics accessible for all.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Basics
- Chapter 2 : Exploring ASP.NET Core
Chapter 3 : Building the First Endpoint with ASP.NET Core
- Creating Data Storage with the Entity Framework Core 00:14:33
- Creating the First Endpoint 00:14:57
- Adding and Updating Data 00:14:28
- Partially Updating and Deleting Data 00:08:52
- Chapter 4 : ASP.NET Core WebAPI – the Next Steps
- Chapter 5 : ASP.NET Core WebAPI – Deploying the WebAPI
- Title: RESTful Web services with ASP.NET Core
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788294638
You might also like
.NET Core Microservices
Build distributed system using microservices architecture About This Video Learn how to work with the microservice …
C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 - Modern Cross-Platform Development
Learn the fundamentals, practical applications, and latest features of C# 8.0 and .NET Core 3.0 from …
Full Stack .NET Web Development
Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core 3
Get up to speed with the latest features of C# 8, ASP.NET Core 3 and .NET …