Chapter 3. Deploying a Restlet application
- Background on Restlet components
- Deploying in standalone Java SE virtual machines
- Configuring virtual hosts and log and status services
- Declarative XML configuration
- Deploying in Java EE application servers and OSGi environments
In chapter 2 you learned how to develop a Restlet application, the basic unit of reuse in the Restlet Framework. Your goal now is to deploy those applications to local machines in your organization and to make sure that they can be properly used and tested.
In this chapter you’ll learn the purpose of a Restlet component and how it’s structured in four layers. You’ll then see how to set up a Restlet component in a Java SE environment, adding server ...