Praise for RESULTS AT THE TOP
"Results at the Top is full of stories and examples of male leaders accepting accountability for greater gender diversity in their companies. What's different? They're not doing it out of compliance, but out of a personal commitment to advancing women in leadership."
— Johan Bjorklund, Vice President and General Manager, Ericsson North America
"Barbara and Richard help envision an achievable future where gender-intelligent leaders and advocates will unleash 100 percent of the world's human capital and create the future we all cherish. For the common good of human wellbeing, it's up to us to begin working together, NOW!"
— Woody Buckner, Chair and CEO, Buckner and Company
"The evidence is overwhelmingly clear—gender diversity at the senior leadership level correlates with greater business performance. Yet the number of women leaders remains very low and is truly unacceptable. Results at the Top is extremely valuable in providing new paradigms and actions to close this gap."
— Bob Cancalosi, GE Director of Customer Leadership Education
"The male leaders featured in Results at the Top are true change makers who realize that gender equality relies as much on men as it does women. Annis and Nesbitt provide an important new contribution to understanding how genuinely to change future outcomes for women. Their solid advice can help to drive diversity goals and accelerate progress in boardrooms and executive suites around the world."
— Kathleen Taylor, Former President and CEO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
"I wish I had read Results at the Top and become more gender-intelligent much earlier in my career. Luckily, it is never too late to learn. This book provides business leaders deep insights and opportunities for creating value through high performing, gender balanced organizations."
— Lars Terney, Partner, Nordic Capital
"Annis and Nesbitt focus their lens on the unconscious biases that exists in the systems, procedures, and policies guiding our companies today. Fascinating revelations and common sense solutions makes Results at the Top a must read for any leader hoping to succeed in this changing business landscape."
— Lara Warner, Chief Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Officer, Credit Suisse Group AG
Table of Contents
- TITLE PAGE
- CHAPTER 1: YOUR WAKE‐UP CALL
- CHAPTER 2: THE BUSINESS CASE FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF WOMEN
- CHAPTER 3: ASCENT OF NEUROSCIENCE
- CHAPTER 4: ASCENT OF WOMEN
- CHAPTER 5: ASCENT OF MEN
- CHAPTER 6: MILLENNIALS: FACTS AND FICTIONS
- CHAPTER 7: WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T
CHAPTER 8: THE ROLE OF THE BOARD
- LACK OF MENTORING
- STEREOTYPES IN BUSINESS
- RICHARD'S STORY: BOARDS IN THE 2008 FINANCIAL CRISIS AND THEIR GENDER COMPOSITION
- THE QUOTA EXPERIENCE IN NORWAY
- PICKING THE BEST CANDIDATE REMAINS VITAL TO SUCCESS
- IT MAY ALL START WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- HUMANS FOLLOW ROLE MODELS
- ROLE MODELS ARE LEADERS
- WOMEN'S PARTICIPATION IN MANAGEMENT AND ON BOARDS
- MEN'S BELIEFS AND BEHAVIORS ARE CHANGING…SLOWLY
- CHAPTER 9: MEASURING COMMITMENT
- CHAPTER 10: HOW TO RID THE PLUMBING OF BIAS
CHAPTER 11: WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS
- HOW ENGAGING ARE YOUR ENGAGEMENT SURVEYS?
- BRUSHING THE ENGAGEMENT SURVEY HORSE
- “ARE WE BEING GENDER INTELLIGENT ABOUT THIS?”
- CHALLENGING TRADITION
- FEMININE VALUES IN FINANCIAL SERVICES
- WHY DOES GENDER SUCCESS ELUDE SO MANY BUSINESSES?
- WHAT IF WE DO NOT ACT?
- STEPS TO GENDER SUCCESS
- THE LONG ASCENT
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: Results at the Top
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119384083