Risk management has become a key factor of successful organizations. Despite risk management's importance, outdated and inappropriate ideas about how to manage risk dominate. This book challenges existing paradigms of risk management and provides readers with new concepts and tools for the current dynamic risk management environment. The framework for the book is a series of questions that allows for an interesting and thought-provoking look at current ideas and forward-looking concepts. This book, intended for senior managers, directors, risk managers, students of risk management, and all others who need to be concerned about risk management and strategy, provides a solid base for not only understanding current best practice in risk management, but also the conceptual tools for exploiting emerging risk management technologies, metrics, regulations, and ideas. The central thesis is that risk management is a value-adding activity that all types of organizations, public, private as well as not-for-profit, can use for competitive advantage and maximum effectiveness.
Table of contents
- Introduction: Another Book on Risk Management!
- Chapter 1. What Is Risk?
- Chapter 2. Have We Lost the Plot?
- Chapter 3. What Is Complexity?
- Chapter 4. What Causes Risk?
- Chapter 5. Are Risk Frameworks Evil?
- Chapter 6. Does Risk Management Add Value?
- Chapter 7. Should Risk Management Be Based on Process or Judgment?
- Chapter 8. How Do You Create a Great Risk Culture?
- Chapter 9. Is Your Risk Management Too Good?
- Chapter 10. What Is the Future of Risk Management?
- Title: Rethinking Risk Management
- Release date: February 2017
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781631575426
You might also like
Speak with Confidence
In Speak with Confidence: Overcome Self-Doubt, Communicate Clearly, and Inspire Your Audience, keynote speaker, author, and …
Introduction to ChatGPT and OpenAI
OpenAI ChatGPT is a powerful language model that uses advanced ML techniques to generate human-like text …
A Risk Professional's Survival Guide: Applied Best Practices in Risk Management
Balanced, practical risk management for post - financial crisis institutions Fundamentals of Risk Management fills a …
Many senior executives talk about information as one of their most important assets, but few behave …