• Learn how to export an STL file from Revit 2015.
• Learn how to modify and prep a Revit model for conversion to a STL model.
• Learn how to print to a MakerBot or similar printer.
• Understand the basics of 3D printing (additive manufacturing).
• Become aware of the different 3D print methods.
Revit is a program that creates a true 3D model of a structure, but generally outputs the result in a 2D form such as construction documents.
Revit’s 3D model is also capable of being exported into a stereolithography, or STL, file that can be read by most 3D printers. Unfortunately, Revit does not have a native STL converter. Autodesk has left the development of that converter to Open Source, ...