Constructing the z/VM Environment
While simple use cases can be satisfied with a single virtual system, more complicated use cases will require an environment consisting of multiple virtual systems. Here are several methods for providing multiple virtual systems, with their pros and cons:
- Multiple Linux servers, each hosting a single virtual machine
- An expensive solution
- Sharing data between systems introduces complexity and has many points of failure
- Multiple first-level virtual machines on the same Linux host
- Limits the number of machines to the maximum number of processors authorized by the dongle
- Less expensive than supporting ...