Chapter 6. Coordinating business processes
This chapter covers
- Synchronizing the emission of several observables
- Using observables as signaling devices
- Building complex interactions from multiple inputs
- Spawning streams simultaneously
- Streamlining database storage operations using observables
The previous chapter examined how converting multiple observables into a single one can simplify their consumption and reduce the management overhead. This mechanism is important because it allows you to reuse a single subscription to handle data that’s being transformed or created by the composition of multiple tasks, such as AJAX requests, business logic transformations, timers, and others. The various strategies for how these different types of merging ...