Keeping Your House Safe
In This Chapter
Backing up and restoring a database
Turning on security
Tracking actions in the database
Using Station Administrator to resolve problems
After you get information into your database, you should implement some safeguards to ensure that you haven’t wasted your time. In this chapter, you learn how to
- Verify that your database contains valid data
- Back up (and restore, knock on wood) your database
- Use security in Timeslips to ensure that only those who should be looking at your data can look at your data
- Use the Timeslips Audit Trail feature to track who has done what in your database
- Use the Station Administrator tool to diagnose and resolve configuration issues
Most of the tools described in this chapter are used by those who administer the Timeslips environment.
Making Sure Your Data Is Valid
As you work in Timeslips on a day-to-day basis, errors can creep into your Timeslips database. These errors might not be apparent ...