Chapter 3. Using static assets
This chapter covers
- Transitioning from server-rendered views to a static asset SPA
- Examining the differences between server rendering and client-side rendering
- Exploring how Sails uses asset routes
- Understanding the static asset pipeline
- Setting up fake responses and loading states for frontend requests
Your development environment is installed, and you’ve taken Sails for a quick spin. You’re now ready to get down to the business
of creating an application. You need to answer some initial questions:
- What types of user-agent will your application need to support?
- Will Sails be responsible for delivering frontend assets and, if so, how?
This chapter will help you answer those questions and explore in ...