Use case: we would like to analyze certain Account fields, which are not visible in the Account page layout. The report will be filtered by Account Name, but instead of repeatedly editing the report to change the Account Name value, let us use a report filter with a URL parameter.
- Create a simple Tabular Account report, and name it Account Name Report.
- Select the Show field to be All accounts.
- Set Date Field Range to All Time.
- Add the filter, Account Name contains blank; click on OK to confirm the filter.
- Click on the Save button, and click on Run Report.
- Click on the Reports tab, then open the report again (it should appear at the top of the list).
- The following screenshot ...