Yesterday you learned how to select element attributes from Extensible Markup Language (XML) source with XPath expressions. By using these expressions when matching templates, you achieved more control over the output from a stylesheet applied to an XML source. XPath expression templates form the cornerstone of XSLT. So, now it’s time to learn more about templates and what you can do with them.
In today’s lesson covering option templates, you will learn the following:
• Why templates are so significant in XSLT
• How to work with match templates
• How to work with named templates
• What happens when more than one template matches
• How to give priorities to templates
Templates are a key concept ...