Chapter 24. Controlling Windows Vista
In This Chapter:
- Familiarize yourself with Vista’s Control Panel’s contents
- Locate Control Panel options with the Search box
- Learn where the Control Panel entries reside throughout Windows
- Practice safety when working with the Control Panel’s system-related options
- Try out several Control Panel features
- Walk through the many Control Panel groups
The Control Panel provides access to most of Windows Vista’s hardware and software settings. The Control Panel is usually where you go when you need to adjust something about Windows, such as your screen’s appearance, or to set up a microphone for speech recognition.
Many of the Control Panel’s features are available from outside the Control Panel itself. Over the ...