Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic® 2010 in 24 Hours
DVD includes Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build complete, reliable, and modern applications with Visual Basic 2010. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process, from navigating VB 2010 to deploying finished solutions. You’ll learn how to write efficient object-oriented code; build superior user interfaces; work with graphics, text, and databases; and even control external applications. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong, practical foundation for success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Visual Basic 2010 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
Navigate the VB 2010 environment and use VB’s powerful new tools
Work with objects, collections, and events
Build attractive, highly functional user interfaces
Make the most of VB 2010’s advanced controls
Create efficient modules and reusable procedures
Store data, make decisions in code, and use loops to improve efficiency
Use powerful object-oriented programming techniques
Interact effectively with users
Work with graphics, text files, and databases
Debug and troubleshoot applications
Manipulate external applications, file systems, and the Windows Registry
Distribute the software you’ve created
James Foxall is President of Tigerpaw Software, Inc., a 25 year old commercial software company with more than 25,000 users. He is a leading authority on interface and behavior standards for Windows and Office environments and is an expert on improving business processes through technology. He contributes to several journals and magazines, speaks internationally, teaches college courses on Visual Basic, and has been featured widely in print and online media for his technology expertise.
DVD Includes: Microsoft® Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition
On the Web: Access code examples from the book, as well as updates, and corrections as they become available at informit.com/title/9780672331138
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Part I. The Visual Basic 2010 Environment
- Part II. Building a User Interface
Part III. Making Things Happen—Programming
- Hour 10. Creating and Calling Code Procedures
- Hour 11. Using Constants, Data Types, Variables, and Arrays
- Hour 12. Performing Arithmetic, String Manipulation, and Date/Time Adjustments
- Hour 13. Making Decisions in Visual Basic Code
- Hour 14. Looping for Efficiency
- Hour 15. Debugging Your Code
- Hour 16. Designing Objects Using Classes
- Hour 17. Interacting with Users
- Hour 18. Working with Graphics
- Part IV. Working with Data
- Part V. Deploying Solutions and Beyond
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2010 in 24 Hours Complete Starter Kit
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: None