• The three most common types of SAP system updates
• The significance of enhancements
• Upgrade and enhancement terminology
• Differences between technical and functional upgrades
• Avoiding confusing upgrades and migrations
• Upgrade project requirements
Despite how well an SAP system might be running, it’ll eventually need to be updated. Keeping up with minimally required technology changes and “inevitable, if only minor” business functionality requests make updating SAP mandatory. Most SAP systems after they’ve finally gone “live” are updated monthly or quarterly in one way or another. These updates come in the form of what SAP terms enhancements, upgrades ...