Hour 6. Managing Database Transactions
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• The definition of a transaction
• The commands used to control transactions
• The syntax and examples of transaction commands
• When to use transactional commands
• The consequences of poor transactional control
In this hour, you learn the concepts behind the management of database transactions.
What Is a Transaction?
A transaction is a unit of work that is performed against a database. Transactions are units or sequences of work accomplished in a logical order, whether in a manual fashion by a user or automatically by some sort of a database program. In a relational database using SQL, transactions are accomplished using the Data Manipulation Language (DML) commands ...