Hour 11. Restructuring the Appearance of Data
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Introduction to character functions
• How and when to use character functions
• Examples of ANSI SQL functions
• Examples of common implementation-specific functions
• Overview of conversion functions
• How and when to use conversion functions
In this hour, you learn how to restructure the appearance of output results using some American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standard functions, other functions based on the standard, and several variations used by some major SQL implementations.
By the Way: The ANSI Standard Is Not Rigid
The ANSI concepts discussed in this book are just that—concepts. Standards provided by ANSI are simply guidelines for how the use ...