• What SQL statement tuning is
• Database tuning versus SQL statement tuning
• Formatting your SQL statement
• Properly joining tables
• The most restrictive condition
• Full table scans
• Invoking the use of indexes
• Avoiding the use of
• Avoiding large sort operations
In this hour, you learn how to tune your SQL statement for maximum performance using some simple methods.
SQL statement tuning is the process of optimally building SQL statements to achieve results in the most effective and efficient manner. SQL tuning begins with the basic arrangement of the elements in a query. Simple formatting can play a rather large role ...