You have learned the basics of C++ programming. In fact, you have gone beyond theoretical boundaries in understanding how using the Standard Template Library (STL), templates, and the Standard Library can help you write efficient and compact code. It is time to give performance a look and gain a perspective on programming best practices.
In this lesson, you learn
• How today’s processors are different
• How your C++ application can best utilize the processor’s capabilities
• Threads and multithreading
• Best practices in programming in C++
• Improving your C++ skills beyond this book
Until recently, computers got faster by using processors that featured faster processing speeds, ...