Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical information designed to get you up and running quickly and easily. By working through its 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to know to effectively use Mac OS X Lion. Each compact lesson zeros in on a specific aspect of the Mac operating system explained through concise and informative descriptions along with accurate and easy to follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll quickly become comfortable performing the most important Mac tasks you need–and want—to do everyday!
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
Use Lion’s great desktop tools including Finder windows, Dock, Launchpad, Dashboard, Mission Control, and Spotlight.
Install and manage applications through the Mac App Store and from the desktop.
Personalize Mac OS Lion to suit your preferences, including desktop pictures, sounds, Mission Control’s spaces, Launchpad’s applications, and the Dashboard’s widgets.
Connect your Mac OS X Lion computer to the Internet through a local wired and wireless network.
Install, configure, and use mice, trackpads, and keyboards.
Create and manage your Mac’s user accounts.
Protect your Mac from Internet attacks, data loss, and other potential problems.
Troubleshoot and solve problems through a logical, easy-to-perform approach.
Run Windows applications on your Mac.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You
- Lesson 1 Getting Started with Mac OS X Lion
- Lesson 2 Working on the Lion Desktop
- Lesson 3 Installing, Using, and Managing Applications
- Lesson 4 Touring Lion’s Applications
- Lesson 5 Personalizing Lion
- Lesson 6 Connecting Your Mac to the Internet and a Local Network
- Lesson 7 Installing and Using Printers
- Lesson 8 Working with Mice, Keyboards, and Trackpads
- Lesson 9 Configuring and Managing User Accounts
- Lesson 10 Securing and Protecting Your Mac
- Lesson 11 Troubleshooting and Solving Problems
- Lesson 12 Running Windows on Your Mac
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: None
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Python One-Liners will teach you how to read and write “one-liners”: concise statements of useful functionality …
Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code, Third Edition, Video-Enhanced Edition
The Publisher regrets that the DVD content for this title cannot be made available Online. You …