Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion in 10 Minutes offers straightforward, practical information designed to get you up and running quickly and easily. By working through its 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to know to effectively use Mac OS X Lion. Each compact lesson zeros in on a specific aspect of the Mac operating system explained through concise and informative descriptions along with accurate and easy to follow step-by-step instructions. You’ll quickly become comfortable performing the most important Mac tasks you need–and want—to do everyday!
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
Use Lion’s great desktop tools including Finder windows, Dock, Launchpad, Dashboard, Mission Control, and Spotlight.
Install and manage applications through the Mac App Store and from the desktop.
Personalize Mac OS Lion to suit your preferences, including desktop pictures, sounds, Mission Control’s spaces, Launchpad’s applications, and the Dashboard’s widgets.
Connect your Mac OS X Lion computer to the Internet through a local wired and wireless network.
Install, configure, and use mice, trackpads, and keyboards.
Create and manage your Mac’s user accounts.
Protect your Mac from Internet attacks, data loss, and other potential problems.
Troubleshoot and solve problems through a logical, easy-to-perform approach.
Run Windows applications on your Mac.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You
- Lesson 1 Getting Started with Mac OS X Lion
- Lesson 2 Working on the Lion Desktop
- Lesson 3 Installing, Using, and Managing Applications
- Lesson 4 Touring Lion’s Applications
- Lesson 5 Personalizing Lion
- Lesson 6 Connecting Your Mac to the Internet and a Local Network
- Lesson 7 Installing and Using Printers
- Lesson 8 Working with Mice, Keyboards, and Trackpads
- Lesson 9 Configuring and Managing User Accounts
- Lesson 10 Securing and Protecting Your Mac
- Lesson 11 Troubleshooting and Solving Problems
- Lesson 12 Running Windows on Your Mac
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Unix in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself: Covers OS X, Linux, and Solaris, Fifth Edition
Learn to use Unix, OS X, or Linux quickly and easily! In just 24 lessons of …
Apple Pro Training Series: macOS Support Essentials 10.14
This is the official curriculum of the Apple Mojave 101: OS X Support Essentials 10.14 course …
CISSP For Dummies, 4th Edition
A fully updated guide to CISSP certification CISSP certification is the most prestigious and highly valued …