In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Xcode 4 in 24 Hours will help you achieve breakthrough productivity with Apple’s new Xcode 4.3+ development environment for OS X and iOS devices. Every lesson introduces new concepts and builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Xcode 4 development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Printed in full color–figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 4.3+
Master the MVC design pattern at the heart of iOS and OS X development
Use Xcode project templates to get a head start on advanced application features
Efficiently use the Xcode Code Editor and get fast, contextually-aware answers with the built-in help system
Use iOS Storyboards to visually describe an application’s workflow
Get started with Core Data to simplify data management and data-driven user interfaces
Use frameworks and libraries to package functionality and promote time-saving code reuse
Use Git and Subversion source control for managing distributed projects
Prepare Unit tests and use the Xcode debugger to keep your projects error free
Package your apps for the App Store
Use the command-line Xcode tools for scripting and build automation
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Hour 1. Xcode 4
- Hour 2. Just Enough Objective-C and Cocoa
- Hour 3. Understanding the MVC Design Pattern
- Hour 4. Using Xcode Templates to Create Projects
- Hour 5. Managing Projects and Resources
- Hour 6. Using the Xcode Source Editor
- Hour 7. Working with the Xcode 4 Documentation
- Hour 8. Creating User Interfaces
- Hour 9. Connecting a GUI to Code
- Hour 10. Creating iOS Application Workflows with Storyboards
- Hour 11. Building and Executing Applications
- Hour 12. Using Source Control
- Hour 13. Xcode-Supported Languages
- Hour 14. Planning for Reuse: Frameworks and Libraries
- Hour 15. Putting It All Together: Building an OS X Application
- Hour 16. Building an iOS Application
- Hour 17. Attaching Big Data: Using Core Data in Your Applications
- Hour 18. Test Early, Test Often
- Hour 19. Getting the Bugs Out
- Hour 20. Keeping Things Organized: Shared Workspaces
- Hour 21. Advanced: Analyzing Code with Instruments
- Hour 22. Managing and Provisioning iOS Devices
- Hour 23. Distributing Your Applications
- Hour 24. Xcode CLI Utilities
- Add Pages
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Xcode® 4 in 24 Hours
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780132918572