Hour 24. Using Instruments for Analysis
What You’ll Learn in This Hour
• Exploring the Instruments interface
• Creating trace documents
• Using instruments with the iOS Simulator
Putting Instruments in Perspective
Broadly speaking, there are four steps to developing and implementing an app whether it is for an iOS device, a Mac, or any other computer, including a Windows computer, an old-fashioned mainframe, or even more obscure devices.
• Define and design—Decide what your app is supposed to do.
• Compile—If you cannot pass this hurdle, no one can run your app.
• Work as expected—This means that calculations are correct and that the app delivers on the design promise.
• Work properly in the computing environment—This section explores this point. ...