What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Installing modules for Node.js with npm
• Finding modules for your Node.js applications
• Using modules in your Node.js applications
• Finding documentation on Node.js modules
• Using a package.json file
npm (Node Package Manager) is a package manager for Node.js. It allows developers to create, share, and reuse modules in Node.js applications. It can also be used to share complete Node.js applications. Modules are simply libraries of code that can be reused in different projects. If you have programmed in other languages, npm is similar to RubyGems in Ruby, CPAN in Perl, pip in Python, or PEAR in PHP.
Typical examples of modules include
• A library for interacting ...