Hour 15. JSON APIs
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• What an API is
• What JSON is and how you can use it with Node.js
• Retrieving data from third-party APIs
• Creating a simple JSON API
An Application Programming Interface (API) is a means to create an interface between different software components. On the web, this usually means making data from your website or service available to third parties or applications on devices like mobiles or tablets.
Node.js is extremely well suited for creating APIs for a number of reasons:
• It is able to handle a large number of concurrent connections and has a low memory footprint.
• The first-class HTTP support ...