What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• How to organize data with tables
• How to manage a database with
• How to add, delete, and update data
• How to use cursors to query data
• How to use a database with our app
SQLite is a small, fast, file-based database that is included with Android. In this hour, we’ll build on our earlier work to understand how to use SQLite in our apps.
In Hour 14, “Accessing Remote Content for a Google TV App,” we retrieved a list of photos in JSON format from a Facebook page. We parsed the JSON and randomly displayed a photo. In this hour, we take advantage of the SQLite Database included with Android to store that structured data. We’ll build on this code in the next ...