What You’ll Learn This Hour:
• Declaring app capabilities
• Using the hardware sensors built in to Windows 8
• Using the location sensors
• Implementing the motion/orientation sensors
• Reading acceleration data
• Creating a compass
• Using the inclinometer
• Using the gyrometer
• Obtaining the device rotation information from the orientation sensors
During this hour, we look at how to declare the capabilities of the app package manifest. We also explore what how to utilize the hardware sensors available on many Windows 8 devices.
With Windows 8, we can easily take advantage of sensors that ship with all Windows 8 tablets and convertibles (devices that can convert into a tablet-type device). ...