What You’ll Learn This Hour:
• Adding and using the app bar control to an app
• Styling the app bar commands
• Following guidelines for command placement on the app bar
• Using the file open picker to open a single file
• Using the file open picker to open multiple files
• Saving a file to the user’s library
So far, to kick off functionality, we have done it either through a gesture or by adding a button on the display area. Adding buttons to the main display area is usually not desirable; instead, we should use the app bar. During this hour, we cover how to use the app bar and organize the commands on the app bar, to provide a way for the user to invoke commands in an app.
We also look at pickers during ...