Hour 1. Preparing Your System and iDevice for Development
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• The iOS hardware limitations you face
• Where to get the tools you need to develop for iOS devices
• How to join the iOS Developer Program
• The need for (and use of) provisioning profiles
• What to expect during the first few hours of this book
The iOS device family opens up a whole realm of possibilities for developers: Multitouch interfaces, always-on Internet access, video, and a whole range of built-in sensors can be used to create everything from games to serious productivity applications. Believe it or not, as a new developer, you have an advantage. You are starting fresh, free from any preconceived notions of what is possible in a mobile application. ...