Hour 4. Inside Cocoa Touch
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• What Cocoa Touch is and what makes it unique
• The technology layers that make up the iOS platform
• A basic iOS application life cycle
• Classes and development techniques you’ll be using throughout this book
• How to find help using the Apple developer documentation
When computers first started to appear in households almost 30 years ago, applications rarely shared common interface elements. It took an instruction manual just to figure out the key sequence to exit from a piece of software. Today, user interfaces (UIs) have been standardized so that moving from application to application doesn’t require starting from scratch.
What has made this possible? Not faster processors or ...