What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• How to compose and post updates to social networking sites
• Ways to create and send email with the Mail application
• How to access the Address Book
• Methods of displaying and manipulating map views
• Ways to add simple map annotations
In previous hours, you learned how your applications can interact with various parts of an iDevice’s hardware and software. In the preceding hour, for example, you accessed the music library. In Hour 18, “Sensing Orientation and Motion,” you used the accelerometer and gyroscope. It is typical of a full-featured application to leverage these unique capabilities of a device’s hardware and software that Apple has made accessible through ...