Hour 23. Building Universal Applications
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• What makes a universal application universal
• How to use the universal application template
• Ways of designing universal applications
• How to detect the device an application is running on
• Tools for migrating to a universal architecture
The iPhone and iPod touch represent Apple’s first entry into touch-based computing, but they aren’t the only game in town. The venerable iPad has been an undeniable success and extends the iOS platform to a much larger screen. Throughout this book, we’ve been targeting one platform or another. But you know what’s even better? Targeting both.
In this hour’s lesson, you learn how to create an application that runs on both the iPhone ...