After finishing up the discussions about the World Wide Web and getting organized, with a large amount of text to read and concepts to digest, you’re probably wondering when you’re actually going to get to write a web page. That is, after all, why you bought this book. Wait no longer! In this lesson, you get to create your first (albeit brief) web page, learn about HTML (the language for writing web pages), and learn about the following:
• What HTML is and why you have to use it
• What you can and cannot do when you design HTML pages
• What HTML tags are and how to use them
• How to write pages that conform to the XHTML standard
• How you can use Cascading Style Sheets to control the look and feel of your ...