In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build flexible, easy-to-maintain, standards-based websites with Microsoft Expression Web 2. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process—from concept and design through delivery! Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you’re building!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 2 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them
Learn how to…
· Build your first Expression website in just five minutes!
· Import text from Microsoft Word and other software
· Make the most of Expression Web 2’s advanced image-editing features
· Create hyperlinks that simplify navigation, perform actions, and send commands
· Write error-free code quickly and easily with Code View and IntelliSense
· Use CSS to control your site’s appearance, create standards-based, cross-browser content, and simplify redesigns
· Design site layouts that communicate more effectively
· Use Dynamic Web Templates to consistently format (or reformat) hundreds of pages
· Implement state-of-the-art interactivity with Behaviors
· Add Silverlight, Flash, and other multimedia content
· Build a web-based email form with FrontPage Server Extensions and PHP
· Integrate web application code written in ASP.NET or PHP
Morten Rand-Hendriksen is a web designer, developer, programmer, and digital media expert based in Burnaby, B.C., Canada. He has operated Pink and Yellow Media since 2002, creating web and design solutions for small businesses and individuals. For his work with Expression Web, he was invited as a Canadian VIP to the MIX08 conference in Las Vegas and asked to present on Building Compelling Websites on the Microsoft Platform at Microsoft’s Innovation Briefing. He blogs on Expression Web at http://blog.pinkandyellow.com/.
Category: Web Development
Covers: Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate