In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build flexible, easy-to-maintain, standards-based websites with Microsoft Expression Web 2. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master the entire process—from concept and design through delivery! Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, no matter what kind of site you’re building!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Expression Web 2 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them
Learn how to…
· Build your first Expression website in just five minutes!
· Import text from Microsoft Word and other software
· Make the most of Expression Web 2’s advanced image-editing features
· Create hyperlinks that simplify navigation, perform actions, and send commands
· Write error-free code quickly and easily with Code View and IntelliSense
· Use CSS to control your site’s appearance, create standards-based, cross-browser content, and simplify redesigns
· Design site layouts that communicate more effectively
· Use Dynamic Web Templates to consistently format (or reformat) hundreds of pages
· Implement state-of-the-art interactivity with Behaviors
· Add Silverlight, Flash, and other multimedia content
· Build a web-based email form with FrontPage Server Extensions and PHP
· Integrate web application code written in ASP.NET or PHP
Morten Rand-Hendriksen is a web designer, developer, programmer, and digital media expert based in Burnaby, B.C., Canada. He has operated Pink and Yellow Media since 2002, creating web and design solutions for small businesses and individuals. For his work with Expression Web, he was invited as a Canadian VIP to the MIX08 conference in Las Vegas and asked to present on Building Compelling Websites on the Microsoft Platform at Microsoft’s Innovation Briefing. He blogs on Expression Web at http://blog.pinkandyellow.com/.
Category: Web Development
Covers: Microsoft Expression Web 2
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Hour 1: Get to Know Microsoft Expression Web 2
- Hour 2: Beginning at the End: A Walkthrough of the Finished Project
- Hour 3: A Website Is Really Just Text—Build One in 5 Minutes
- Hour 4: Building the Home Page—A Look Behind the Curtain
- Hour 5: Get Connected—Building Hyperlinks for Navigation and Further Exploration
- Hour 6: Get Visual, Part 1: Adding Images to Your Page
- Hour 7: Get Visual, Part 2: Advanced Image Editing, Thumbnails, and Hotspots
- Hour 8: Cracking the Code—Working in Code View
- Hour 9: Get Boxed In, Part 1: Using Tables for Content
- Hour 10: Bringing Style to the Substance with Cascading Style Sheets
- Hour 11: Get Boxed In, Part 2: Knee Deep in CSS
- Hour 12: Styling with Code: Fully Immersed in CSS
- Hour 13: Get Visual, Part 3: Images as Design Elements with CSS
- Hour 14: Building the Framework
- Hour 15: Buttons, Buttons, Buttons
- Hour 16: Using Behaviors
- Hour 17: Frames and Layers
- Hour 18: Building a Functional Menu
- Hour 19: Dynamic Web Templates
- Hour 20: Get Interactive with Forms
- Hour 21: Working with Flash and Silverlight
- Hour 22: Beyond the Basics: PHP in Expression Web 2
- Hour 23: Beyond the Basics, Part 2: Building a Site with ASP.NET
- Hour 24: Publishing Your Website
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft
- Release date: September 2008
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: None