Sams Teach Yourself Adobe® AIR™ Programming in 24 Hours
Covers version 1.5 of Adobe AIR
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you will be up and running with Adobe AIR 1.5. Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson builds upon a real-world foundation allowing you to learn the essentials of Adobe AIR from the ground up.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Adobe AIR 1.5 tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge of Adobe AIR 1.5.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you alternative ways to do something.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
Utilize the AIR SDK
Write an AIR application with HTML
Write an AIR application with Flash CS3 or Dreamweaver CS3
Write an AIR application with PDF integration
Debug an AIR application
Distribute an AIR application
Use the AIR APIs
Leverage server-side features for AIR
Michael Givens is the CTO of U Saw It Enterprises, a Web technology consulting firm based in Spring, Texas. He is an Adobe Community Expert and an Adobe Corporate Champion known to share his experience and evangelism of all things Adobe. Certified in ColdFusion 5 and as an Advanced CFMX Developer, he has been using ColdFusion since the days of Allaire Spectra and Flex since it was known as Royale. He is the coauthor of Adobe AIR Programming Unleashed (Sams Publishing) and has written articles for the ColdFusion Developer’s Journal and the Flex Developer’s Journal. He also wrote a digital Short Cut titled Apollo in Flight for Sams Publishing. Michael blogs regularly at www.flexination.info.
Category: Programming/Application Development
Covers: Adobe AIR
User Level: Beginning–Intermediate
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
Part I. Getting Started with AIR
- Hour 1. Taking in a Deep Breath of AIR
- Hour 2. Ready to Install AIR
- Hour 3. Harnessing the AIR SDK
- Hour 4. Preparing to Build Your First AIR Application
- Hour 5. Writing Your First AIR Application with Flex 3
- Hour 6. Writing an AIR Application with HTML
- Hour 7. Writing an AIR Application with Flash CS3 or Dreamweaver CS3
- Hour 8. Writing an AIR Application with PDF Integration
- Hour 9. Debugging AIR Applications
- Hour 10. Distributing Your AIR Application
Part II. Using the AIR APIs
- Hour 11. Opening Doors with AIR
- Hour 12. Screening an AIR Application
- Hour 13. File This API with AIR
- Hour 14. Drag and Drop, Copy and Paste in AIR
- Hour 15. AIR and the Natives
- Hour 16. Connectivity with AIR Networking
- Hour 17. Local Data in an AIR Application
- Hour 18. Encryption and Security in AIR
- Hour 19. AIR and User Notifications
- Part III. Developing AIR Applications
- Part IV. Appendixes
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Adobe® AIR™ Programming in 24 Hours
- Release date: November 2008
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780768685756