LESSON 3Expressions, Conditions, and Operators
In Lesson 2, “Introducing the Query,” you used
FROM to manipulate data in interesting (and useful) ways. In this lesson, you learn more about
FROM. You will expand the basic query with some new terms, a new clause, and a group of handy items called operators. By the end of this lesson, you will
• Know what an expression is and how to use it.
• Know what a condition is and how to use it.
• Be familiar with the basic uses of the
• Be able to use arithmetic, comparison, character, logical, and set operators.
• Have a working knowledge of some miscellaneous operators.