PL/SQL is the Oracle technology that enables SQL to act like a procedural language. By the end of this lesson, you should
• Have a basic understanding of PL/SQL
• Understand the features that distinguish PL/SQL from standard SQL
• Have an understanding of the basic elements of a PL/SQL program
• Be able to write a simple PL/SQL program
• Understand how errors are handled in PL/SQL programs
• Be aware of how PL/SQL is used in the real world
One way to introduce PL/SQL is to begin by describing standard Structured Query Language, or SQL. SQL is the language that enables relational database users to communicate with the database in a straightforward manner. You can use SQL commands to ...