Take your apps from the small screen to the big screen and start developing for the Samsung SmartTV now!
Samsung's SmartTV platform gives developers the opportunity to bring the app experience to the world of home entertainment, creating a more interactive and engaging way to reach their audience. If you're ready to expand your app development skills beyond the mobile environment, look no further than Samsung SmartTV Application Development. This unique guide shows you how to incorporate SmartTV features like Smart Interaction, gesture and voice recognition, and personalized recommendations into your app designs and take advantage of movie, video game, web, and other smart content available on the latest SmartTV offerings.
Shows how to build a new SmartTV application – from planning the app design to creating a compelling user interface, adding features, and taking the app to market
Walks you through the development environment, key platform capabilities, the SmartTV toolset, and testing emulator
Includes helpful source code examples to use as inspiration for your own app design and instruction on using video-on-demand, gaming, multi-screen, and Smart Interaction features in your app
Written by a team of experts from Handstudio, a global smart media application and solution developer whose clients include Samsung, Humax, and LG, who share their real-world insights and experience developing for the Samsung SmartTV platform
Make the smart move and get Samsung SmartTV Application Development today!
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 01: Introducing the Samsung SmartTV Platform
- Chapter 02: App Development on Samsung SmartTV
- Chapter 03: Preparations for App Development
- Chapter 04: Hello TV!
- Chapter 05: Focus
- Chapter 06: Scenes-Based Display Design
- Chapter 07: AV Player
- Chapter 08: Hands Frame Application 1 – Basic Version
- Chapter 09: Server-Side Data Processing
- Chapter 10: IME
- Chapter 11: The Convergence and AllShare Framework
- Chapter 12: Hands Frame Application 2 – Advanced Version
- Chapter 13: Advanced Features
- Chapter 14: Exception Handling
- Chapter 15: From the SDF to the App Store
- Addendum: Hands Frame Source Code
- Praise from Samsung for Samsung SmartTV Application Development
- Writers' reflection
- Special thanks to
- About the Author, About the Translator
- Title: Samsung SmartTV Application Development
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118828021