EXAMPLE 16 Plotting Data on Floor Plans
Purpose: Provide a data-driven and programmatical way to display data on an image, at the desired location.
It is often very useful to be able to show your data on a non-traditional map such as a floor plan. This example demonstrates how to use an image of your existing floor plan, and overlay your data on it using SAS/GRAPH.
You can use this technique to visualize many types of data, such as the following:
- tracking inventory or personnel on an office floor plan
- visualizing game utilization on a casino floor plan
- helping customers find items in a “big box” warehouse store
- marking the locations where artifacts were found on a site map
- displaying ride wait times on an amusement park map
- visualizing ...