The five steps to successful selling, negotiating, and managing multi-culturally
Say Anything to Anyone, Anywhere gives readers five simple key guidelines to create rapport and organize strategies for success across different cultures. This book teaches to be proactive, not reactive, in your cross-cultural communications and shows how to use simple rapport tools to create trust with the cultures you work with or travel to. Learn how to organize productive interactions in person, on the phone, and by email. Discover interpersonal communication skills and virtual strategies that build strong relationships.
Offers quick, accessible examples and clear guidelines about how to create an understanding between cultures
Gives tips and strategies on how to communicate without offending
Author Gayle Cotton is a Emmy Award Winner and a distinguished, highly sought after speaker, corporate trainer, and executive coach.
This step-by-step guide to cross-cultural business will help you build strong relationships and manage successfully, no matter the cultural differences.
Table of contents
Key One: Create Proactive Cross-Cultural Communication
- Avoid Reactive Communication
- Chapter 1: What Makes Cultures So Unique?
- Chapter 2: Understanding the “Cultural Layer Cake”
- Chapter 3: How Many Strikes Are Against You?
- Chapter 4: Cultural Science
- Chapter 5: The Chicken or the Egg of Culture
- Chapter 6: Maximize Effective Communication
Key Two: Rapport Secrets to Bridge the Cultural Gap
- In Person, on the Phone, and by E-Mail
- Chapter 7: It’s a Matter of Respect
- Chapter 8: Develop Rapport
- Chapter 9: Adapt Your Style
- Chapter 10: Words, Tonality, and Body Language
- Chapter 11: Understanding Communication
- Chapter 12: The Impact of Mother Tongue Languages
Key Three: Organize Productive Interactions
- Understand Cultural Sensitivities and Avoid Conflict
- Chapter 13: Multicultural Time Expectations
- Chapter 14: E-Mail Etiquette Is Culturally Sensitive
- Chapter 15: Triple Cross-Translate
- Chapter 16: It Takes Two to Collaborate
- Chapter 17: Framing Your Cross-Cultural Communication
Key Four: Strategies for Relationships
- Cultural Beliefs, Values, and Rules
- Chapter 18: Context, Perception, and Reality
- Chapter 19: Business and Social Behavioral Styles
- Chapter 20: Understanding Cultural Beliefs, Values, and Rules
- Chapter 21: The Cross-Cultural Potter’s Wheel
Key Five: Success Leaves Clues
- Cultural Clues, Do’s, and Taboos
- Chapter 22: Body Language Gestures to Avoid
- Chapter 23: Acronyms, Abbreviations, Analogies, Slang, and Sports Jargon
- Chapter 24: Global Etiquette Tips
- Chapter 25: Area-Specific Cultural Clues, Do’s, and Taboos
- Chapter 26: Win-Win Cross-Cultural Communication
- Cultural Bloopers!
- About the Author
- Title: Say Anything to Anyone, Anywhere: 5 Keys To Successful Cross-Cultural Communication
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118420423
You might also like
How to Do Nothing
A galvanizing critique of the forces vying for our attention-and our personal information-that redefines what we …
The Interview Expert
Written by the UK’s most well-respected expert, this is THE definitive guide to job interviews, covering …
Get to the Point!
Champion Your Best Ideas! Every time you communicate, you're trying to do something, change something, or …
The Team-Building Tool Kit, 2nd Edition
Workplace teams learn to function as effective units when they have the tools and techniques to …