Chapter 8. Using plugins and external libraries
This chapter covers
- Using plugins to check code style
- Using plugins to restart the application
- Alternatives to creating the uber jar by hand
- The build project
- Using external libraries in your build
- Adding user-level plugins
- Adding local credentials
One of the advantages of using Scala in general and sbt in particular is that you can easily reuse existing libraries from both the Scala and Java ecosystems. In this chapter we’ll look at how you can reuse existing libraries from within your build code, both indirectly, using sbt plugins, and directly, using the Apache Velocity templating library.
Those who have an Apache Maven, Gradle, or Apache Ant background will be well versed in the ...
Get sbt in Action now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.