Differences between Specs2 and ScalaTest
The main differences between ScalaTest and Specs2 are:
- The overall structure of the test in Specs2 is different to that in ScalaTest.
- Specs2 has a different set of Matchers with different syntax.
- Specs2 tests are primarily dedicated to behavior-driven development (BDD), whereas ScalaTest tests are more generic.
- ScalaTest provides much more choice and versatility. For example, to write BDD-like Specs2 in ScalaTest, one can use
GivenWhenThen traits along with
MustMatcher. This gives the developer more flexibility to follow his/her own style of writing specifications.
- Specs2 has a significantly higher number of Matchers than ScalaTest. Most of them are ...