Transform Your Organization by Scaling Leadership
How do senior leaders, in their own words, describe the most effective leaders—the ones that get results, grow the business, enhance the culture and leave in their wake a trail of other really effective leaders? Conversely, how do senior leaders describe the kind of leader that undercuts the organization’s capacity and capability to create its future? This book, based on groundbreaking research, shows how senior leaders describe and develop leadership that works, that does not, that scales, and that limits scale.
Is your leadership built for scale as you advance in today’s volatile, uncertain, dynamic, and disruptive business environment? This context puts a premium on a very particular kind of leadership—High-Creative leadership capable of rapidly growing the organization while simultaneously transforming it into more agile, innovative, adaptive and engaging workplace. The research presented in this book suggests that senior leaders can describe the High-Creative leadership with surprising clarity. They also describe with equal precision the High-Reactive leadership that cancels itself out and seriously limits scale. Which type of leader are you?
You scale your leadership by increasing the multiple on your leadership in three ways. First, by developing the strengths that differentiate the most effective leaders from the strengths deployed by the most Reactive and ineffective leaders. And second, by increasing your leadership ratio—the ratio of most the effective strengths to the most damaging liabilities. Third, by developing High-Creative leaders all around you.
Scaling Leadership provides a proven framework for magnifying agile and scalable leadership in your organization. Scalable leadership drives forward-momentum by multiplying high-achieving leaders at scale so that growth, productivity and innovation increase exponentially. Creative leaders multiply their strengths beyond technical competence by leading in deep relationship, with radical humanity, passion and integrity.
Drawing upon decades of solid research and experience enhancing individual capability and collective leadership effectiveness with Fortune 500 companies and government agencies, the authors provide an innovative and efficient framework to help you:
- Take stock of your own personal balance of leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Scale your leadership in deep relationship and high integrity
- Proliferate high-achievers throughout your organization’s leadership system
- Identify ineffective leadership and course-correct quickly
- Transform your organization by transforming leadership
Scaling Leadership is an invaluable tool for executives, managers, and leaders in business, academia, nonprofit organizations, and more. This innovative resource provides effective techniques, real-world examples, and expert guidance for organizations seeking to improve performance, align and execute strategies, and transform their business with scalable leadership capability.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Exposed at Scale Spiritual Boot Camp for Leaders
- Chapter 2 Profiles in Leadership Every Leader Has One
- Chapter 3 Getting a Street View on Leadership How Senior Leaders Describe Other Senior Leaders
- Chapter 4 High-Creative Leadership Strengths What Differentiates the Most Effective Leaders
- Chapter 5 The Strengths of High-Reactive Leaders Non-Differentiating Strengths
- Chapter 6 Leader Liabilities Most Reactive versus Most Creative
- Chapter 7 The Canceling Effect Are You Canceling Yourself Out?
- Chapter 8 How Leaders Scale Leadership Learning from One Man’s Example
- Chapter 9 Full-Spectrum Leadership Four Levels of Leadership
- Chapter 10 Reactive Leadership Strengths Run Reactively Cancel Themselves Out
- Chapter 11 Transforming Reactive into Creative Leadership A Fundamental Shift of Mind and Heart in Three Movements
- Chapter 12 Practices That Transform Leadership Change Is Simple, Change Is Hard
- Chapter 13 Integral Leadership Informed by Grace The Future of Leadership for a World at Stake
- Appendix A Leadership Circle Profile Summary Dimensions
- Appendix B Leadership Effectiveness and Business Performance
- Appendix C Research Methodology
- Appendix D Definitions of Thematic Strengths and Liabilities
- Appendix E Theorists Integrated into the Leadership Circle Universal Model of Leadership
- About the Authors
- Wiley End User License Agreement
- Title: Scaling Leadership
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119538257
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
Is your leadership a competitive advantage, or is it costing you? How do you know? Are …
Organizational Culture and Leadership, 5th Edition
The book that defined the field, updated and expanded for today's organizations Organizational Culture and Leadership …
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership (with featured article “What Makes an Effective Executive,” by Peter F. Drucker)
Go from being a good manager to an extraordinary leader. (featuring “What Makes an Effective Executive,” …