Chapter 3 Lean Thinking
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.
• Lean Thinking: The Big Picture 40
• Background 44
• Lean Summary: The Lean Thinking House 46
• Lean Goal: Sustainably Deliver Value Fast 46
• Lean Foundation: Lean Thinking Manager-Teachers 48
• Pillar One: Respect for People 50
• Pillar Two: Continuous Improvement 50
• 14 Principles 65
• Lean Product Development 73
• Example: “Kanban System” Analysis 84
Lean thinking is a proven system that scales to large development, as evidenced by Toyota and others. Later chapters explore more connections of lean, agile, and scaling; this one lays out core concepts.
The image and metaphor we like to convey an aspect of lean thinking ...