Now, let's create an additional weapon to make it easier to get rid of the enemies lurking in the maze.
We will create a sword sprite which we can draw ourselves.
- So, we start by clicking on the Paint new sprite icon.
- In the editor, we start by choosing a brown color and the Rectangle tool.
- We draw two rectangular boxes forming a T-shape. This will be the handle for the sword.
- Next, we switch to a gray color.
- We select the Ellipse tool and drag out a long, narrow, oval shape to form the blade. It doesn't look very sharp up close, but at the downscaled size, it will.
- If you like, you can decorate the sword some more with a pommel, gems or engravings.
- We name the sprite
sword for use in the scripts.