Chapter 4. Groovy
In the “Groovy” section of Chapter 3, “Scripting Languages Inside the JVM,” we listed some of the basic concepts that Groovy introduces. In this chapter, we take a closer look at Groovy. This chapter covers the following topics:
- The process of running and compiling Groovy scripts.
- How Groovy implements some of the scripting concepts with Java-like syntax.
- Other benefits that Groovy has to offer developers.
- How Groovy can be integrated with Java. In this section of the chapter, we see how we can evaluate Groovy scripts from Java applications and how to implement Java interfaces in Groovy.
- Security issues related to integration of Groovy and Java.
We cover advanced Groovy programming and describe extensions available for the ...