Printing Your Outline
Yep, just like with index cards (which you can read about in Chapter 8), you can print your outline. It doesn’t come out looking like the nice spreadsheet you set up on your screen (see the following section for how to export your outline for use in a spreadsheet), but you still get a hierarchical list of the items in your selected container.
Follow these steps to print your outline:
1. Choose File⇒Page Setup.
The Page Setup window appears.
2. In the Settings drop-down list, select Scrivener.
The window changes to a list of margin settings.
3. Click Options.
The Print Options window appears.
4. Click Outlines in the center row of buttons.
Figure 9-9 shows the Print Options window that appears. The sample outline at the top of the window reflects the options you can choose in the bottom.
Here are your options:
• Include Titles: Prints the document title for each item.
• Include Synopses: Prints the Synopsis text for each item.
• Include Label and Status: Adds the Label in parentheses next to the title and highlights the title in the corresponding Label color. Includes the Status value in parentheses at the bottom of the entry.
• Include Keywords: Displays keywords below the title of each item.
• Include Custom Meta-Data: Lists custom metadata items below the title and any keywords.
• Indent By Level: Indents items by hierarchy. If left unchecked, the list of items appears in order, but all are aligned to the left.
• Print File Name: Adds the ...