In addition to knowing about namespaces, there are some other important terms to know about when installing and working with modules:
- https://pypi.python.org/pypi is the primary database for third-party Python packages.
- pip is the primary installer program for third-party modules and, since Python 3.4, has been included by default with Python binary installations.
- A virtual Python environment allows packages to be installed for a particular application's development, rather than being installed system-wide.
- venv has been the primary tool for creating virtual Python environments since Python 3.3. With Python 3.4, it automatically installs pip and setuptools in all virtual environments.
- The following are common terms for Python ...